Easy Access, Intuitive and Flexible
Tele-Therapy / Tele-Practice
Tele-Therapy is the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) to deliver health-related services via the Internet over a secure and GDPR/ HIPAA compliant video conferencing when the provider and client are in different physical locations.
Additional terms used to describe this service delivery model include - tele-occupational therapy, telerehabilitation, telehealth, telecare, telemedicine, and tele-practice, among other terms.
The term ‘teletherapy’ can refer to synchronous (real-time) interactions between the therapist and client (e.g., videoconference, remote monitoring, virtual interactions using applications (‘apps’) and gaming technologies); and/or asynchronous (i.e., “store-and-forward”) transmission of data (e.g., video, photos, electronic mail) by the provider and/or the client; and/ or Hybrid that includes synchronous/ asynchronous and or face-face interaction as well.
Need for Tele-Therapy
At present Ireland and Global is facing lockdown due to COVID-19. It is causing widespread disruption to occupational participation for people across the world. This does not mean that you have to stop your Occupational Therapy (OT) service. Kids Power OT is committed to ensuring children have access to therapy services during this critical time. We can use this teletherapy model to continue to support your child’s needs during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
Benefits of Tele-Therapy
• Online Tele-Therapy is practically similar to OT delivered in face-face sessions.
• No travel times
• Reaching your children during this lockdown time when unable to access direct therapy
• Opportunity for regular therapy sessions
• Better outcomes due to regular intervention
• Education, Coaching and Upskilling of parents
• Accessing therapy within their familiar environments
Telehealth may be used for evaluation, intervention, monitoring, supervision, and consultation (between therapist, client and caregivers) as permitted by jurisdictional, institutional, and professional regulations and policies governing the practice of occupational therapy.
Telehealth is an appropriate delivery model for occupational therapy services when in-person services are not possible, practical, or optimal for delivering care and/or when service delivery via teletherapy is mutually acceptable to the client and provider.
Telehealth connects clients with occupational therapists through information and communication technologies, thereby improving access to services for underserved populations when in-person encounters are not possible or practical.
• Parents involvement: Preparing your child for the session e.g., using toilet/ having snacks before OT sessions. For setting the device up in well advance of the session to avoid wasting time during the session and troubleshooting as needed.
• Technology Requirements: A laptop/desktop computer/ tablet with an inbuilt camera or external webcam to access the session. A microphone, speakers/headset, reliable internet connection and software will be needed.
• Space Requirement: Quiet and distract free environment
• Organizational Requirements: Having the therapy materials ready before start. Make sure that the device is charged fully and restarted before the session. if possible, reduce using of the internet by others.
• Consent form for Tele-Therapy service needs to be signed by parents. Where the signature is not possible, you (parents) will be requested for verbal consent.
What Services Might Be Provided?
• Parent consultation, education and coaching
• OT Assessment and Evaluation
• Mindfulness/ Relaxation/ Special Yoga
• Motor Developmental / Co-ordination Skills
• Sensory Integration
• Hand Writing
• Organizational Skills
• Visual Perceptual Skills
• Auditory Processing Skills
• Hand Strengthening
• Therapeutic Listening Program
• Home Adaptations
• Life Skills
• Social Skills
" Virtual Solutions For Better Outcomes"
Security and Data Protection
Our children’s privacy and confidentiality are a top priority for us. We are using a fully integrated, GDPR/ HIPAA-compliant practice management system that includes a fully functioning and interactive video-conferencing platform. Our secure GDPR and HIPAA compliant video-conferencing platform prevent unauthorized third parties from being able to record or “listen in” on a session and provides for secure storage and transfer of data using high-level encryption. It also provides a level of encryption/decryption that meets or exceeds GDPR/ HIPAA standards to ensure that all meetings, data and communications are private and secure.